CMAT 2023 - Common Management Admission Test
The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a National Level Entrance Examination for admission into various management institutions that come under the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
AICTE used to conduct the CMAT exam until 2018. Since 2019, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has taken over the responsibility to conduct the CMAT exam.
CMAT is a three-hour Computer-based Online Test with sections testing Quantitative Techniques, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness.
The CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE-approved Institutions, University Departments, Constituent Colleges and affiliated colleges. You have to apply separately to the institutes that you are interested in. The institutes will typically have a follow-up process (such as interviews) before the final selection.
CMAT Eligibility is advocated by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
•Applicants must be a citizen of India.
•Eligibility criteria do not impose any maximum age bar to appear for the exam.
•Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline in the 10 + 2 + 3 from a recognized university
•Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for the upcoming academic year can also apply.
CMAT is conducted online and the number of sections were 4 until CMAT 2020. In CMAT 2021 a new section - Innovation and Entrepreneurship - was introduced and was made optional then. In CMAT 2022 it was made compulsory and the candidates were required to solve 5 sections with 25 MCQs in each section within 180 minutes. There is no sectional time limit in the CMAT exam. CMAT 2023 is likely to follow the same format.
|Number of Sections||•General Awareness - 25
•Logical Reasoning - 25
•Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation – 25
•Language Comprehension - 25
•Innovation and Entrepreneurship - 25
|Type of question||MCQs with 4 answer choices for each|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Marking scheme||•Each correct answer carries +4 marks
•Each wrong answer carries -1 mark
|Total Time||180 minutes for the entire paper with no sectional time limit.|
This was the format for CMAT 2022, and we will update this table as soon as additional information is available.
The CMAT Exam does not have a defined syllabus. We can only draw some data with respect to the previous year CMAT exam.
|Language Comprehension||Reading Comprehension, Jumbled Paragraphs, Grammar Questions, Fill in the Blanks, Idioms and Phrases, Language usage, Vocabulary|
|Logical Reasoning||Arrangements, Statement based questions (statement, argument, assumptions), Sequences and series, Puzzles, Clocks and Calendars, Ranking, Blood Relations, Coding and Decoding, Visual Reasoning,Venn Diagram.|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Arithmetic - Percentage, Profit and Loss, Ratio, Proportion and Variation, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Speed, Time and work, Average, Mixtures and Alligation.
Algebra - Linear Equation, Quadratic Equation, Logarithm, Inequalities and Functions.
Modern Maths - Permutation and Combination, Probability, Set theory and Sequences & Series.
Geometry - Lines and Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry, Trigonometry and Menstruation.
Numbers - Number Theory, Factors and Reminders, Divisibility, Number systems, Surds and Indices.
DI - Set Theory, Scatter Plot, Venn Diagram, Table based, Mixed Graph, Combination.
|General Knowledge||Economics, National and International Current Affairs, Business, Constitution of India and Laws, Politics, Capitals and Currencies, Geography, Famous Personalities, Books and Authors, Science and Technology, Awards and Recognition|
The CMAT 2023 will be made available on the CMAT official site.
|CMAT 2023 Registration||To be announced|
|CMAT 2023 Registration ends||To be announced|
|CMAT Application Correction||To be announced|
|CMAT 2023 Admit Card download begins||To be announced|
|CMAT 2023 Exam Date||To be announced|
|CMAT 2023 result declaration||To be announced|
|General, EWS & NC-OBC||To be announced|
|SC, ST, PwD & Transgender||To be announced|
Colleges & Cut-offs
Top Colleges that Accept CMAT Scores
1. Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
2. Goa Institute of Management (GIM), Goa
3. KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
4. Great Lakes Institute of Management (GLIM), Chennai
5. Sydenham Institute of Management Studies and Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
6. Dept of Management Sciences, University of Pune, Pune
7. Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
8. Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE), Hyderabad
1. Institute of Financial Management & Research (IFMR), Sri City|
2. Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research (WE School), Mumbai
3. Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida
4. Xavier Business School (XBS), Xavier University, Kolkata
5. Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Nagpur
6. Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME), Bangalore
7. SIES College of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai
8. Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida
9. NL Dalmiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
10. KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneswar
1. Delhi School of Business (DSB), Delhi|
2. National Insurance Academy (NIA), Pune
3. Calcutta Business School, Kolkata
4. IES Management College And Research Centre, Mumbai
5. New Delhi Institute of Management – NDIM, New Delhi
6. Fortune Institute of International Business (FIIB), Delhi
7. Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Management Studies and Research (VESIM), Mumbai
8. Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Ahmedabad
9. Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies (DSIMS), Mumbai
10. SCMS Cochin School of Business, Cochin
This list is made based on publicly available data over the past few years, these numbers are subject to change based on the policy of the b-schools and the exam itself. We will update this table with new information, and we recommend that you visit the b-school website to get more details.