TISSNET 2023 - Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test
TISSNET (Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test) is the National-level Postgraduate entrance exam conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai for admission into its campus and affiliated institutes. The flagship program offered for admission through TISSNET is TISS Mumbai's MA in Human Resource Management and Labor Relations. TISS had been ranked the 34th position in the “All University” category and 57th in the overall category in 2021, in the National Institutional Ranking Framework by the Ministry of Education (formerly Human Resources Development).
TISSMAT (TISS Management Aptitude Test) is a short-spanned assessment test that is conducted after TISSNET. In addition to the TISSNET, candidates looking to get into the MA (HRM & LR) or MA (Organisation Development, Change, and Leadership - ODCL) have to take TISSMAT as well. Only candidates who clear the TISSNET exam will be eligible to write the TISSMAT Exam. TISSMAT comprises three sections, i.e, Comprehension, Management Data Interpretation, and Business Awareness. TISSMAT has approximately 40% weightage in the final round of selection.
• Candidates should have successfully completed a Bachelor's or Master's Degree of a minimum 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India. Some Masters Degree programs have additional/specific eligibility requirements, please refer to the official website for additional details.
• Candidates in their final year of Bachelor’s degree can also apply. At the time of applying, candidates studying in 3-year degree programs should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters, and candidates studying in 4-year degree programs should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 6th semester.
• Until a candidate submits her/his degree certificate and final mark/grade sheet as evidence of having successfully completed the eligibility criteria by the given date, the admission offered will remain provisional.
TISSNET 2023 is expected to be a computer-based test with 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQ) to be solved in 100 minutes. One mark will be awarded for correct answers, and there are no negative marks for incorrect answers. The test is conducted in English. TISSNET consists of three sections - English Proficiency, Mathematics & Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness (GA). This is based on TISSNET 2022.
|Number of sections||
• English Proficiency – 30 Questions
• Mathematics & Logical Reasoning – 30 Questions
• General Awareness (GA) – 40 Questions
|Type of question||MCQs with 4 answer choices|
|Mode of exam||Online|
• Each correct answer carries +1 mark
• Each wrong answer carries 0 mark (no negative marking)
|Total Time||100 minutes for the entire paper with no sectional time limit|
• English Proficiency – Nil
• Mathematics & Logical Reasoning – Nil
• General Awareness (GA)
35% (14 Marks) for General, EWS, KM and AF
30% (12 Marks) for OBC (NC) and PWD
No Sectional Cut off for SC/ST
Gen - General category, EWS - Economically Weaker Section; KM - Kashmiri Migrant; AF - Armed Forces
OBC (NC) - Other Backward Class (Non Creamy Layer) category; PWD - Person with Disabilities
SC - Scheduled Caste category; ST - Scheduled Tribe category
TISSMAT 2022 consisted of four sections - Comprehension, Management Data Interpretation, Business Awareness, and Descriptive Writing. There was no individual sectional cut-off in this test. Details of this test are mentioned below. The marks obtained in this test will only be considered at the second stage of the selection process. Hence, this will apply to shortlisted candidates only.
|Number of sections||
• Comprehension – 10 Questions|
• Management Data Interpretation – 15 Questions
• Business Awareness – 10 Questions
• Descriptive Writing – 1 Question
|Type of question||MCQs with 4 answer choices for each|
|Mode of exam||Online|
• Comprehension - +1 Mark for correct answers; -0.25 Mark for errors
• Management Data Interpretation - +1 Mark for correct answers; -0.25 Mark for errors
• Business Awareness - +1 Mark for correct answers; -0.25
• Descriptive Writing - 15 Marks
|Total Time||45 minutes for the entire paper with no sectional time limit|
|Sectional Cut-off||There is no sectional cut-off for any section|
|English Proficiency||Word Choice / Sentence Correction, Odd-one-out, Analogies, Synonyms & Antonyms, Grammar, Verbal Reasoning and Reading Comprehension|
|Mathematics & Logical Reasoning||Percentages, Interest & Growth, Ratio & Partnership, Proportion & Variation, Profit & Loss, Averages, Mixtures & Alligations, Time & Speed, Time & Work, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles Trigonometry, Basic Statistics, Number Series and Data interpretation and Logical reasoning.|
|General Awareness (GA)||Politics, Social Studies, Science & Technology, Environment, Sports, Art & Culture and Indian History.|
|Comprehension||Reading a management related essay and answering questions related to the passage|
|Management Data Interpretation||Interpreting Graphs, Charts, and Data from multiple sources, and performing basic operations with it|
|Business Awareness||Knowledge of Contemporary Events and News related to the Economy, Business, Human Resource mgmt. and Labour Studies|
TISSNET 2023 application will be made available on the official TISSNET site.
|TISSNET 2023 notification||3rd week of Nov 2022|
|TISSNET 2023 Registration commences||3rd week of Nov 2022|
|TISSNET 2023 Registration ends||Jan 2023|
|Deadline for offline registration||Feb 2023|
|TISSNET Registration Charges||1030/- Per programme. Candidates can apply for 3 programmes at most.|
|TISSNET 2023 Admit Card From||Feb 2023|
|TISSNET 2023 Exam Day||2nd or 3rd week of Feb 2023|
|TISSMAT 2023 Exam Day||To be announced|
|TISSNET 2023 Declaration of result||To be announced|
|TISSMAT 2023 Declaration of result||To be announced|
Colleges & Cut-offs
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) offers more than fifty M.A (Master of Arts) programs at its 20 Schools and Centres located at Mumbai, Tuljiapur, Hyderabad, Guwahati, and BALM Chennai campuses. Below are the top programs which are highly regarded by MBA aspirants.
|TISS School||Programme Offered|
|TISS School of Management and Labour Studies, Mumbai||Master of Arts (Globalisation and Labour)|
|TISS School of Management and Labour Studies, Mumbai||Master of Arts (Human Resource Management & Labour Relations)|
|TISS School of Management and Labour Studies, Mumbai||Master of Arts/Master of Science (Analytics) (Self Financed)|
|TISS School of Management and Labour Studies, Mumbai||Master of Arts (Organisation Development, Change and Leadership) (Self Financed)|
|TISS School of Management and Labour Studies, Mumbai||Master of Arts (Social Entrepreneurship)|