XAT 2022 - Xaviers Admission Test
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a national level entrance test for admission into XLRI, IMT, XIMB, TAPMI, XIME and many other prestigious b-schools in India. XLRI Jamshedpur is the exam conducting body for Xavier Aptitude test (XAT). The exam is conducted online on the first Sunday in January. Xavier School of Business (earlier called Xavier Labour Relations Institute - XLRI) is among the top 10 b-schools in India, and considered to be the best for HR. Along with this, a lot of b-schools accept the XAT score. This makes XAT one of the most widely taken tests after CAT, and therefore, competitive.
•You must have at least a 3 year bachelor degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university to apply. You can also be in your final year of graduation.
•Minimum aggregate marks are not required to apply for XAT.
•Eligibility criteria do not impose any maximum age bar to appear for the exam.
•NRI or foreign nationals can apply through GMAT or XAT scores.
•Once you are shortlisted by XLRI or the relevant b-schools, you have to clear the selection process to get selected.
XLRI Jamshedpur does not officially release the XAT exam syllabus. XAT exam is conducted in online mode and the question paper consists of 100 MCQs to be solved in 180 minutes. There is no sectional time limit in XAT exam, except for GK.
|Number of sections - Question in each section||•Verbal and Logical Ability - 26
•Decision Making - 21
•Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation - 28
•General Knowledge - 25
•Total 4 sections - 100
|Type of question||MCQ with 5 answer choices for each|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Marking scheme||•Each correct answer carries +1 mark
•Each wrong answer carries -0.25 mark
•If more than 8 question are un-attempted, then each unattempted question (after 8) carries -0.1 mark
|Total Time||180 minutes in total, of which 165 minutes are allotted for Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making and Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation combined. The remaining 15 minutes are allotted for General Knowledge (GK).|
There is no official syllabus for XAT, but it is regarded as the same as CAT with a difficulty level higher than CAT. Apart from the CAT syllabus, XAT has 2 unique sections: Decision Making and General Knowledge. Marks in the General Knowledge section are not considered for percentile calculation, however it plays a crucial role in the selection process.
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Reading Comprehension (includes a poem), Inference, Jumbled Paragraphs, Grammar Questions, Fill in the Blanks, Analogies|
|Decision Making||Caselet Questions where a suitable course of action is required.|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||•Arithmetic - Percentage, Profit and Loss, Ratio, Proportion and Variation, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Speed, Time and work, Average, Mixture and Alligation.
•Algebra - Linear Equation, Quadratic Equation, Logarithm, Inequalities and Functions.
•Modern Maths - Permutation and Combination, Probability, Set theory and Sequence and Series.
•Geometry - Lines and Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry, Trigonometry and Menstruation.
•Numbers - Number Theory, Factors and Reminders, Divisibility, Number systems, Surds and Indices.
•DI - Set Theory, Scatter Plot, Venn Diagram, Table based, Reasoning-based questions, Data Sufficiency, Game based, Mixed Graph, Combination.
|General Knowledge||Economics, National and International Current Affairs, Business, Constitution of India and Laws, Politics, Capitals and Currencies, Geography, Famous Personalities, Books and Authors, Science and Technology, Awards and Recognition|
The XAT 2022 application is available on XAT 2022. You can choose to apply for Business Management (BM) and/or Human Resources (HR) for XLRI.
|XAT 2022 Registration||10th August 2021||XAT Registration Charges without Late Fee||INR 1800/-||XAT 2022 Registration ends||30th November 2021||XAT Registration Charges with Late Fee||INR 2100/-|
Colleges & Cut-offs
Top Colleges that Accept XAT Scores
1. Xavier School of Management (Xavier Labour Relations Institute - XLRI), Jamshedpur
2. Xavier Institute of Management (XIM), Bhubaneswar
3. Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad
1. Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad (MICA), Ahmedabad (XAT cut-off can vary, as the final selection of candidates will be based on MICAT, GE & PI) |
2. Great Lakes Institute of Management (GLIM), Chennai
3. TA Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal
4. Goa Institute of Management, GIM, Goa
5. KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
6. FORE School of Management (FSM), New Delhi
7. Institute of Rural Management (IRMA), Anand
1. Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Nagpur |
2. Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research (WE School), Mumbai
3. Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida
4. Alliance University, Anekal
5. Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
6. Institute of Financial Management & Research (IFMR), Sri City
7. Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani